Eiko will also compose the music for Project FoM – our upcoming adventure RPG. She talks about how we collaborate and what her inspiration were for our last interactive title – Hogworld: Gnart’s Adventure.
Hans Kristian spotted some fan art over on the polycount forums!
I was super stoked to see that Tim Lewis was inspired enough by my concept art for Millies Spudshop to go ahead and made this super cool 3D model of it!
First up is the concept art followed by two renders of the model that Tim has made from it!
Thanks again from the team, Tim! Made our day when we saw it!
We wanted to share some visual progress with you guys. We’re hard at work on our vertical slice, and as Mattis showcased in the last post, we’re greyboxing the levels to prototype functionality early on. Parallell to that we’re working on assets, textures and all that good stuff to replace the grey boxes as we get them done.
I have a couple of steps along the way to show you.
After game design have made their decisions we paint up an environment to inform how we want the 3D assets to be made, as well as guide lighting and textures down the line. Here’s a concept I did for the very first room the player gets to see:
This is a typical environment concept art sheet we give to the environment artist. Separate elements, whether they’re tileable, units width and height and so on so there is as little guesswork as possible down the pipeline.
Below is the scene after we’ve gotten it back from our awesome 3D environment guy, Thomas Pasieka, with textures and wireframe and a uniform light .
This is after we’ve gotten all the 3D bits and pieces back and have reassembled them in Unity. For me, this is an awesome step to see my concept art come back as building blocks and then assemble it into something dimensional where the player can move!
And finally I have a screenshot from one of our designers playing around with lights and post processing effects. This is work in progress of course. We’re hoping to have some gameplay videos up before long as well, where we’ll have gotten further on the lighting too.
I’ll end this post with the concept art for the next part of the first environment, which is almost complete as well.
Thanks for looking! Hope you guys enjoy the updates!
New week means new update!
The last couple of weeks have been really efficient weeks here at Snow Castle. We kicked ourselves a little bit and got the pipeline more streamlined and the project as a whole is rolling smoother and faster, which really shows from what we have in the prototype so far.
The prototype is moving along nicely, thanks to the addition of Thomas Pasieka from 3D Attack (The Other Brothers), who is helping us out and working hard to convert the concept art into 3D environments which we can use.
Its an iterative process, and for each delivery the assets only get better and better. As you can see in the image above, it’s looking good .
On the feature side we have made some developments too. We now have a moving Amon in the game, rigged and animated, with animations being added constantly.
We have also been grey boxing the first stages in the prototype, one of which you can see below.
Eivind (our programmer) has also been hard at work, implementing first draft version of the combat, cameras and a whole lot of features.
The combat so far consists of:
There you have it, a super quick update, some in development screenshots and in not to long, we will be able to show you some actual in-game footage!
Boy it’s been a busy week! We finally have some animation and functionality inside the prototype level and it’s already looking quite good.
Thought I could give you a quick visual update – a couple of new monster designs and the final rough concept of one of the first scenes in the prototype.